Impoting from Norway to the UK

The General

Hi all. I was wondering if anybody on here might have previously imported a complete vehicle or MV or parts from Norway to the UK.

I am contemplating a purchase, but am finding it impossible to get any trust worthy sources. On equiring a method to pick up myself from Brevik, its a three day round trip with a car and trailer.

I have left enquires with an importer who said he could pick up from the Norway address and deliver to the UK on a lorry, the return call promised, has not materiaised.

I have used a broker site to get 6 promised quotes via a shipping company, not one has got back to me.

Can anyone point me in the right direction, it cant be that hard, I know vehicles are regulary being brought in from the states, a much greater distance.

Your thoughts or pointers would be a great help.

Cheers, Tim.

Edited by The General
spelling mistake

Hi,

Importing from Norway does have its obstacles. Finding a trucking company who are willing to do the job is one. It often comes down to where in Norway the stuff's located. If it's off their route, they'll pass.

Exporting MV's or parts there off is regulated nowadays. You have to get written permission to export these items. Contact the Military Museum in Norway:

http://mil.no/culture-attractions/museums/thedefencemuseum/Pages/default.aspx

I'd go with the option of bringing a trailer and do the job yourself.

My 2 pennies worth

Goran N

Hi,

Importing from Norway does have its obstacles. Finding a trucking company who are willing to do the job is one. It often comes down to where in Norway the stuff's located. If it's off their route, they'll pass.

Exporting MV's or parts there off is regulated nowadays. You have to get written permission to export these items. Contact the Military Museum in Norway:

http://mil.no/culture-attractions/museums/thedefencemuseum/Pages/default.aspx

I'd go with the option of bringing a trailer and do the job yourself.

My 2 pennies worth

Goran N

Thanks Goran, some wise advice there, I will progress with caution.

Best regards, Tim.

I know two danish haulage companys, that might be able to help with the transport.

They did a lot of low loading to and from the england. I use one of them for the transport of my second Scammell from the ferry to the farm.

Dear General

We got the GMC with Norlines from Alta (No) to the Eemshaven here in Holland. They are represented by:

Sealane Coldstorage located in Eemshaven (info@sealane.nl). This shippingline has also the connection:

Oslo etc. England (don't know which port) Rotterdam. We used a separate customsagent to do the clearance as Norway is not European Cummunity. Then you only need a (Pro Forma) Invoice from the seller (even a handwritten paper will do)

and go to this customs agent saying to import at your cost this vehicle "as a part of a collction" as an old vehicle

is then much cheaper to import as a "used car".

This way we got our GMC to Holland. We did not pay a lot of tax : 100 to 150 euros incl. agents costs. Maybe this does not work the same in England so you must ask an customs agent. If you don't like his answers you can contact us and maybe we can arrange things cheaper through the Eemshaven as then you're inside European Community and you should not have to pay any taxes going to England from the Netherlands as there is taxfree traffic inside EEC.

Keep in mind that you heve to cross a lot of expensive ferries and /or bridges going with a trailer to Norway by yourself.

See our GMC being unloaded from MV Nordvaer from Norrlines in Eemshaven.

GEDC1818.jpg

Succes from

Spitty